[Lazarus] Patch for TTrayIcon on Ubuntu's Unity

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:53:37 CEST 2015

In fact I checked your code and it only tries to load libappindicator if
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP is Unity. With that variable set I can see the tray
icon (note that its normal value is KDE).

That's good then. I added 'KDE' to the allowed desktops when
libappindicator is present with the Gtk2 toolkit. I also recompiled the
64bit example program with this change and overwrote it in the repository.
So now if the fix it should also work on KDE, given XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
returns 'KDE'.

Thank for the link as well. It would seem, reading the information in the
link you posted, that Gtk3 uses libappindicator3-1. If anyone actively is
working on adding to Gtk3 lcl interface you may want to consider looking at
and copying some of the code I committed to github.