[Lazarus] Theoretical question about future of Lazarus

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:36:00 CEST 2015

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 14:56:59 +0300, Juha Manninen
<juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>There is no need to install Lazarus when using (and occationally
>updating) the trunk version.
>Just compile it in the directory where sources are. Then run the
>binary from there.
>Sudo is not needed for anything.

Even if the original make was done as su?

I would imagine that doing so has the effect that the produced files
are owned by root rather than pi. But being not so Linux literate I
might be wrong...

In any case given that I have a 3.1.1 fpc compiler (also built and
installed as su) and have built the Lazarus IDE from trunk sources
using the commands shown, can I then just do a svn update and then
issue make as pi?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden