[Lazarus] Building and starting Lazarus on Raspberry Pi2 with Raspbian Jessie

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 08:39:24 CEST 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:26:33 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> If you're compiling trunk and get something like this, the first thing
>> to do is check whether somebody's just fixed it. It's very much a
>> "movable feast" and it's difficult to know at which point's it's
>> completely consistent, in general I try to work with the latest tagged
>> release unless I specifically know there's something I should be testing.
>
> Well, as I said I just blindly followed the tutorial not really
> knowing what was going on in order to get Lazarus operational on the
> Pi. It prescribed trunk where it probably would have been appropriate
> to specify a release tag...
> My task is to create a controller application using older object
> definition files from Delphi but targeting the Raspberry Pi2.

I simply used the standard 1.4 sources. And I'm pretty sure I've already
told you that.

>> $ svn ls http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags
>> ..
>> lazarus_1_4/
>> lazarus_1_4_2/
>> lazarus_1_4_4/     <--- Most recent
>> lazarus_1_4_RC1/
>> lazarus_1_4_RC2/
>> lazarus_1_4_RC3/
>>

> Is there a non-destructive way to go backwards on revisions with svn?
> To be honest I have only actively used CVS as version control (daily
> since about 2000) and never before svn...
> Would I have to scrap the existing checkout and start over?
> Or is there a "backwards" command that would get the sources of 1.4.4
> and then still be possible to compile from the Lazaus Tools menu?

The problem with Subversion is that the revision number and tagged
releases are distinct, so except in the case of trunk it's difficult to
say "get 1.4.4, then step back one revision".

In the case of trunk (looking at an arbitrary machine here)...

$ cd /usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk
$ svn info
Repository Root: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus
Repository UUID: 4005530d-fff6-0310-9dd1-cebe43e6787f
Revision: 40413
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: mattias
Last Changed Rev: 40413
Last Changed Date: 2013-02-26 09:43:50 +0000 (Tue, 26 Feb 2013)

# You don't need this, but to see who's just done what:

$ svn log -l 1
r40413 | mattias | 2013-02-26 09:43:50 +0000 (Tue, 26 Feb 2013) | 1 line

openglcontrol: vrbosity

# Step back one revision:

$ svn up -r 40412
U    components/opengl/glgtkglxcontext.pas
Updated to revision 40412.

# Clean and build:

$ make clean bigide

> Notice that the very same tutorial got me FPC 3.1.1 built from source
> (trunk) and done as root...

Yes, and you eventually worked out that doing everything as root wasn't
needed.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk