[Lazarus] Type helper now work with CodeTools?

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Fri Oct 16 09:14:16 CEST 2015

On 16.10.2015 05:37, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Well I found bugs with it which cause CodeTools will throw an access
> violations in the IDE.
>
> bug 28860 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28860> if a type
> helper in another unit has a property, the second attempt to use code
> insight throws an access violation
> Screenshot:
> http://cache.getlazarus.org/images/lazarus-type-helper-error.png
>
> bug 28861 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28861> if a type
> helper exists for a literal value code insight throws an access violation
> Example: 'Hello'. // throws an access violation after the dot

First version was from me: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28266
, Mattias fixed some bugs and extended it. Unfortunately, some
regressions have occured with the time.

I think what you found should be regressions (IIRC it worked in the
past). Can you check rev 49405 (the initial helper support) if the AV
occur there as well?

Ondrej