[Lazarus] Win 10 IOT Core

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:21:46 CEST 2015

Am 16.10.2015 09:45 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>:

> (avoiding to hitchhike the other thread))
>
> On 10/16/2015 07:32 AM, LacaK wrote:
>>
>> Same in our company. We use Motorola mobile computers with WinCE 5 and
WinCE6 and we compile native applications for them.
>> (So WinCE support is for us very important)
>> -Laco.
>

> I understand that Microsoft on the long run will try to have the Wince
(and WinPhone ?)  users to upgrade to the Windows 10 product line.

That depends on the devices. Some manufacturers might prefer to stay with
WinCE, because it's easier to adjust to their hardware (namely because they
already have drivers for their hardware).

> What about Win 10 IOT Core for ARM ? I suppose that some work needs to be
done to support Win 10 IOT Core on ARM.

It depends on whether normal WinAPI programs will work there. If they do,
great, then we simply need a port of our win32 target for ARM. If not...
Hard stuff... Then a completely new port for the Universal Windows Platform
will he needed... (but then we'd also be able to run on Windows 10 Mobile
or the Hololens)

Regards,
Sven