[Lazarus] Status and future of Custom Drawn Controls

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Oct 19 09:55:37 CEST 2015

On 10/16/2015 06:14 PM, Krzysztof wrote:
> Just checked latest Custom Drawn package from SVN. Is this project
> abandoned? Because seems that nothing changed from a years. I'm big
> fan of such kind frameworks (like fpGUI) and I think that Custom Drawn
> was a good idea.
(Sorry for repeating this again, but I think it might be intersting for
Krzysztof.)

I am watching the Lazarus "CustomDrawn" Widget Type (aka "Interface") as
well, and did play with it some time ago.

In fact my idea with it is to do some kind of remote GUI for headless
(Linux and now additionally Win IOT Core) systems that don't support a
Widget Set (Linux)  or the GDI winapi (Win IOT Core).

For this, I already  have a draft of an "Active NoGIO" Widget Type for
Lazarus (Linux) that might be combined with what already exists in the
"CustomDrawn" Widget Type.

I hope to take up this task again once fpc 3.x is officially released
(this is necessary for my design of the "Active NoGIO" Widget Type), and
I find some spare time to play with that project.

-Michael