[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Win 10 IOT Core

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Tue Oct 20 13:24:29 CEST 2015

On 10/20/2015 06:38 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 10/20/2015 11:51 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Yes. Any attempt to avoid this is futile.
>>
>> I tried 2 concepts (one of the ExtPascal). You ALWAYS end up writing
>> javascript for particular cases.
> I do see the problem that likely come up. That obviously is why
> EXTPascal has been abandoned. And that (plus the one directional makeoff
> of the HTP protocol) is why I think a totally propriety attempt to
> remote the LCL API (called "ifi") *might* be a better idea than trying
> to force a browser to show a remote GUI.
>>
>> So, better bite the bullet and do the lot in Javascript directly,
>> using the tools available in Javascript.
> Happily I am not planing such a project, myself :-)
>
> Thanks for the interesting discussion !
>
> -Michael

Yes, this is interesting.  I'll repeat what I wrote two years ago:
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2013-November/084629.html

A *long* time ago I was involved a little with Genotechs in Phoenix and
they had a (Delphi) program called AstroMark that sounds similar:
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Networking/Do-You-Deploy-Thin-or-Thick-Web-Applications