[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Win 10 IOT Core

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:00:07 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 20 October 2015 11:26:25 Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2015, Michael Schnell wrote:
> > On 10/20/2015 11:05 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> >> Except that it is not remote.
> >
> > ????
> >
> > With the QNAP it is remote. Or am I hit by a misconception of that
> > wording ?
>
> I understand it as follows:
>
> A browser application (any RIA) such as used in QNA is in fact a
> client/server application. The client just happens to be a browser.
>
> ExtJS is meant to run in the browser.  The gui is built from A to Z in the
> browser. It is there for a 'local' GUI from the point of view of a
> developer or end user.

That is exactly the working principle of MSEifi. The difference is that MSEifi
is not implemented by a Javascript environment but by MSEgui components and
widgets written in Free Pascal. On client side a MSEifi runtime which could
be implemented as browser plug-in fetches the *.mfm form data (the MSEgui
equivalent of Lazarus *.lfm files) and PascalScript snippets and instantiates
the forms and datamodules. If wanted there are ifi components available in
order to connect data points and events between server and client by a TCP/IP
or other serial connection but that is no requirement.
The same connection components can be used for separation of GUI and business
logic in a standalone desktop application so it is possible to use the same
GUI definition in both. At least in theory. ;-)

Martin