[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Lazarus implementation of TListView etc?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Oct 22 09:42:50 CEST 2015

On 10/21/2015 05:14 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

>   So too is the LCL-NoGUI hack.
That is why I am doing  the "Active NoGUI" LCL Widget Type that is
supposed to be a real application
> Then refactor / clean-up the code to remove such "gui" dependencies
As I pointed out in the beginning of the discussion with Bo, a (IMHO the
only) decent way to port a "RAD" Delphi application to a headless system
is to first modify the application (without changing the environment and
the functionality to a "non RAD" design by separating the business logic
and the GUI in a different set of units. Now even the original project
has improved.

In the next step the GUI units can be modified to be dummy or provide a
minimal local or remote monitoring/debugging user interface.

-Michael