[Lazarus] The GDB command: "-gdb-set confirm off" did not return any result

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 23:04:07 CEST 2015

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:07:10 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>> What could cause this? Am I not supposed to see a terminal window or
>> similar pop up?
>
>Terminal window as in controlling your program interactively (or at
>least seeing output) or as in showing you what GDB is doing?

Regarding the GDB it seems like the problem disappeared when I changed
the line endings on the files I had copied from my PC via the samba
share and therefore had Windows line endings. I ran dos2unix on all of
them (except the binary files of course) and then restarted Lazarus
and tried again and now there was no GDB error message anymore.

What I really wonder about next is the fact that it is different from
in Delphi when one starts a command line program while developing.
In Delphi the black terminal window shows up and one can see the
progress of the execution there. In this case there was nothing, not
even a single message in the messages window. It was as if the program
did not run at all.
But it might be intended to be like this on Linux, this is my first
try really.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden