[Lazarus] Clipboard problem with Lazarus using VNC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 10:09:27 CET 2015

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 10/24/2015 11:25 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>   except for the clipboard that is supposed to be
>> shared between the two systems.
> This rather obviously is is not an FPC or Lazarus problem but introduced
> by Tight VNC and hence should be discussed elsewhere. Maybe a greater
> VNC Version would work better.

No, as I've said before there are general problems in both VNC
implementations and these predate the real/tight split.

If you want to do significant amounts of cut-and-paste then run Lazarus
over SSH (i.e. so that the Lazarus UI is being presented by the local X
server). If that introduces a significant performance hit then report it
as a bug, it's something that's crept into a small number of Lazarus
versions and is usually fixable.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk