[Lazarus] is scrypt available?

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Oct 28 18:40:16 CET 2015

On 10/28/2015 01:00 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:
>
>> the above link is the license URL... the stuff about patents is off putting to
>> say the least...
>
> Apologies for chopping the bulk of that message, but it's coming over unformatted.

no problem... i do take steps to reformat some quotes some times...

> The patents issue relating to zlib etc. is way out of date, see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LZW#Patents for a summary.

it isn't those patent issues... there's something else that the license link
page talks about...

> What you choose to use depends on what (if anything) you need to be compatible
> with, but for some password stuff I wrote a couple of years ago I used Tiger2
> from DCPcrypt.

understood on the compatibility... i was just pointing out that that
implementation was not right for our needs... maybe there is another
implementation that will work... if not, reinventing the wheel will be necessary...