[Lazarus] is scrypt available?

taazz taz at evosi.eu
Wed Oct 28 18:45:59 CET 2015

On 28/10/2015 17:29 μμ, wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:
> On 10/28/2015 06:33 AM, taazz wrote:

>>> where do you see anything about zlib?
>>>
>> in the page linked first paragraph/line from the top
>
> ahh... but the problem is [keep reading]
>
>> [quote]
>> Here you find a few Pascal / Delphi source and binary files related
>> to CRC,
>> hash, and HMAC calculations. All files can be used and distributed
>> under this
>> license <http://www.wolfgang-ehrhardt.de/info_en.html#License>, the
>> original
>
> the above link is the license URL... the stuff about patents is off
> putting to say the least...
>
>> template of the zlib/libpng license can be found here: zlib-license
>> <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/zlib-license.php>.
>> [/quote]

The stuff about patents?
Those "patent stuff" as you put it have nothing to do with the code's
license you have to be aware of them regardless the library you use or
the license the library comes with. They do restrict your use cases but
its not the library's fault or role to solve them for you.
It is the same with every mp3 library out there, you need to be aware
that mp3 is a patented algorithm and if you create a commercial product
using it you have to pay for the privilege regardless of the library's
license.

In any way I have my answer and thank you for your time.