[Lazarus] Linux Window Manager Enhancements

Den cyraid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:57:30 CET 2015

     It's called "XLib", but since Wayland, and Canonical's Mir are
coming out, XServer will (eventually) be left in the dust as outdated
(I'm sure they'll have compatibility for awhile). Or someone could be a
dear, and write a libEGL version with custom components, and use
hardware acceleration for the entire interface, and shaders for some
nice effects like shadows, etc. The whole thing being smoothly animated,
and .. Oh yeah, so back to the topic: Until then as long as you're using
an XLib (X Protocol) based desktop, then using those functions should be
easy. Just grab a display handle, and a window handle from GTK, and use
the functions!

- Dennis Fehr

P.S. Where's my penny? (joking haha) ;)