[Lazarus] Lazarus implementation of TListView etc?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 00:13:14 CET 2015

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:15:59 +0200, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>On 10/23/2015 02:12 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>
>> I somehow have the feeling that you and Graeme as well don't
>> understand what Bo's precise problem is. ...
>>
>> ... Yes, Bo should restructure his code, but he does not /need/ to do
>> so right now.
>>

>Bo's precise problem is that he does not want to restructure his code.

Well, I might at one point or other decide to make a clone of the unit
with the GUI dependency by cutting out the methods that are involved
with these components. I have already done a similar restructuring by
making a couple of unit copies like CommonFuncs => CommonFuncs_Laz
where only the functions used by the new project remain.
But these units are comparatively easy since they are just collections
of "good to have" functions for various purposes and over the years
they have collected garbage functions from all the users of these...
The one I asked about is a dinosaur, which will take a while to fix...

But following the LCL addition I was no longer hindered by code that
did not compile and could move on to other parts of the problem.

The biggest hurdle I have now is getting a TCP socket component
working so I can plug it into the problem unit. I have tried several
different approaches but am unfortunately not done yet. And I hesitate
to ask more questions here because I feel I am getting flamed for not
getting how it should be done. :(

And the last week I have been diverted to other pressing things too.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden