[Lazarus] PostgreSql: unexpected EOF on client connection with an open transaction

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Tue Sep 1 19:26:33 CEST 2015

Hi, this is kind of a dejavu, I'm pretty sure I have asked this question
before, but I can't find the old message, so, here I go.

In my postgresql.log file I get this two messages every time I
query/update the database:

could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
unexpected EOF on client connection with an open transaction

I'm using TPQConnection/TSqlTransaction/TSqlQuery in a CGI with this method:

procedure TDataModule1.ExecSql(ASql: string);
var
   lSql: TSQLQuery;
begin
   lSql := TSQLQuery.Create(nil);
   try
     lSql.DataBase := PQConnection1;
     lSql.Transaction := SQLTransaction1;
     lSql.SQL.Text:= ASql;
     lSql.ExecSQL;
     SQLTransaction1.Commit;
   finally
     lSql.Free;
   end;
end;

The query is executed without issues, data is stored into the db, but I
keep getting those messages.

I'm using FPC 3.1.1 - Lazarus 1.5 - Linux 64bits (Ubuntu 15.04).

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com