[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE - One Hundred Papercuts
mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 19:17:50 CEST 2015
Ubuntu started the "One Hundred Papercuts" project a couple years ago.
The Ubuntu "One Hundred Papercuts" definition:
“Papercuts are fast to fix, but annoying bugs.
Our mission is to make Ubuntu shined by reducing them.”
I think something like that for Lazarus - especially the IDE - would be
super useful too.
Simple but annoying things could be fixed relatively quickly - thus
making the IDE a much more enjoyable product.
To give you an example of what I mean:
* Procedure List window - save/restore listview column widths are not
* BreakPoint list window - select a breakpoint, press DEL, now
the focus is somewhere else, so I can't simply press DEL again
to delete the next breakpoint.
* Editor - no editor function (single shortcut) to duplicate a line
* Conditional Defines dialog - tab order is wrong
* Conditional Defines dialog - default focused button is wrong
All the above items I have already fixed locally, but there are many
more I could mention, and I'm sure you could contribute more too.
Maybe we could start a wiki page to list these "small but annoying"
niggles in Lazarus IDE. Alternatively [and probably a better idea] a new
section in Mantis could be created to track such “papercuts” and their
What’s your thoughts on this.
- Graeme -
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
More information about the Lazarus