[Lazarus] Equivalent of a Windows DLL on RPi?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 07:02:45 CEST 2015

I am investigating programming for the Raspberry Pi as described in my
other thread. Could someone please outline if there is a concept like
a Windows DLL also in Raspbian for the Pi?

I have a DLL written in Delphi7 (or 2007), which implements a whole
bunch of basic functions and I am wondering if a similar file as a DLL
is used in Linux. If so could I port the existing DLL from Windows to
freepascal and then to Linux on the Pi?

I got some advice on the porting process in my other thread but in
this case it involves the creation of a DLL equivalent so that the
main programming could be done in for example Python while using the
functions from the DLL code?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden