[Lazarus] How to see sockets in Lazarus 1.4.0?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:52:41 CEST 2015

It seems like I am missing something regarding usage and setup of the
Lazarus/FPC environment...
I installed Lazarus a while ago in order to check how it would cope
with a Sentinel SuperPro dongle. I have not done anything since with
Lazarus.

Now I wanted to make a test using the TCP/IP socket functionality and
the easiest would be to use TClientSocket since it should be part of
FPC.
However I cannot find it in Lazarus GUI even though I can find the
files concerned with the socket system inside the Lazarus
installation.

Can someone point me to some instructions on how to make the sockets
visible in Lazarus?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden