[Lazarus] LazReport bug?

Jesus Reyes A. jesusrmx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 06:28:34 CEST 2015

En Mon, 07 Sep 2015 14:25:52 -0500, Craig Goodyear <cjhs22a at cableone.net>
escribió:

> I have recently upgraded from Lazarus 1.2 to Lazarus 1.4.2. Compiling a
> program with version 1.4.2 breaks a report written with version 1.2. One
> of field names in the sql statement that LazReport uses is name.
>
> With the new version, the name of the object placed on the report is
> shown instead of the value of the name field from the sql statement.
>
> Has the new version of LazReport reserved the word name to refer to the
> name of report objects, or is this a bug in LazReport?

Yes. At some point, the published properties of objects started to become
available in scripts. It appears that 1.2 version already included that
functionality, probably there were some bugs that prevented resolving the
'name' property properly in 1.2 but was fixed later in the 1.4 version.

Jesus Reyes A.