[Lazarus] IDE CoolBar issue

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 08:34:59 CEST 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 8:09 AM, patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:
> The patch works indeed. I haven't inspected the dektop manager code, but
> QueueAsync call may be more suited for the task than a timer.

Another choice in OnIdle handler.
The benefit would be that also the initial update of the IDE Coolbar
would be delayed and the IDE would be ready for editing sooner.
Lazarus still starts a lot slower than many competing advanced
programmers' editors. There is no good reason for it because we don't
use virtual machines like Java or .NET based systems do (including
Delphi now).
I optimized the Component Palette startup a lot but there is still more to do.

Juha