[Lazarus] IDE CoolBar issue

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Sep 9 13:14:31 CEST 2015

On 09.09.2015 13:01, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Ondrej Pokorny <lazarus at kluug.net> wrote:
>> IMO, the images are loaded only once in the IDEImageList or how it is
>> called, am I wrong?
> Maybe that whole loading can be threaded. One more task to my ToDo list ...
>
> Juha
Oh that would cause a lot of trouble. If you want to speed up image
TImageList is loading its icons from a LFM form. That's *very* fast.
It would mean creating a single resource stream for all the icons (e.g.
with a small command line tool) instead of using "lazres laz_images.res
@laz_images_list.txt". This is definitely the fastest way to load the icons.
With this approach I load country icons of the whole world into my
application in nearly no time.

Ondrej