[Lazarus] Desktops and multiple source editors

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Sep 9 21:31:43 CEST 2015

Sorry didnt see the patch / so no feedback on it.

On 09/09/2015 16:16, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:

> But I see that this is not wanted and expected from the user's point
> of view ->
> That means secondary editor windows need special treatment in
> *TEnvironmentOptions.UseDesktop/TIDEWindowCreatorList.RestoreSimpleLayout*.
> It should not change visibility of editor windows. It should only
> change their position.

Yes ... no .. yes .. well
interesting point.

If a desktop layout is global (for all projects) then it can not be
allowed to open close SE. Because each project can have different amount
of SE.

But it may also be desirable to have layouts that toggle a specific
project between different amount of SE (and maybe even with different
set of files open).
But that only works, if a desktop is not global. (so no currently
implemented)

And this may become worse (though not anytime soon).
I have that idea, that you can open 2 or 3 watches (or stack or local)
windows. One for current data, the others for debug history
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Debug_History
Yet seeing my current schedule - *not* within the next 2 or 3 years ...

On 09/09/2015 16:31, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> On 09.09.2015 17:16, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> + Maybe package windows should be treated the same way as editor
> windows? They are closed/opened on desktop change as well (the same
> problem).

Same as with SE, would depends on global/none global settings.