[Lazarus] Desktops and multiple source editors

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Thu Sep 10 11:39:38 CEST 2015

On 10.09.2015 11:03, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Please test the attached patch.
> Thanks. Applied.
>
>> It adds the "Open packages" checkbox to
>> environment options -> files. If checked, packages get reopened at
>> startup. The setting is true by default, which changes the default IDE
>> behavior. But IMO the most users will want it.
> The "most users" argument is seldom good.
> There are basically two groups of users. Those who want a fresh IDE
> when starting and those who want to continue where they stopped working.
> I don't think we need another option. Keep it simple and stupid and
> change "Open last project on start" to "Open last project and packages
> at start".
> When project groups arrive this option will probably become "Open last
> project, groups and packages at start."

You are right. Let's not blow up the settings with unnecessary options.
I'll revert this back and use the same option for both editor files and
packages.
You can wait with the commit if you have objections in order not to have
a lot of commits about one patch.

I'll also take the Project Environment setting into account as Michael
suggested (but rename it and use only one for that).

Ondrej