[Lazarus] Desktops and multiple source editors

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Thu Sep 10 12:45:20 CEST 2015

On 10.09.2015 10:25, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> I think the same should be done for packages: packages that are in the
> project dependencies
> and were open the last time the project was open, should be opened again.
>
> Or all packages should be opened.
>
> Anyway, I will test your patch in the weekend (presumably there will
> still be some changes by then).
>
> Michael.

I checked into this and I don't think now it is possible/reasonable.
Because:
*Packages are independent of the current project. When you open another
project, the package editors don't change.*

So they should be independent of the project during the IDE startup as well.

If you create a link between packages and project, it's about the same
as the link project group <-> packages that you don't like at all, as
you stated.

Ondrej