[Lazarus] making lazarus from source failed (linux mint)

Thu Sep 17 18:09:46 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-17 at 23:42, Xiangrong Fang wrote:
> I need to compile lazarus from source (as the
> official deb package depends on fpc 2.6.4, while the mint system only
> provide 2.6.2).

The joys of package management and its dependency hell! To solve the
problem forever, simply install FPC from the official FPC installer
(no root access is required either). Download it from the SourceForge
page. This has worked for me on Windows, Linux and FreeBSD for the last
5 years without error.

> I got this error: Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit system used by fcllaz

Your FPC isn't installed correctly. Check your /etc/fpc.cfg file and
your $HOME/.fpc.cfg file.

I suggest you uninstall all existing FPC's, remove all fpc.cfg files
(see above locations), then use the official installer from SourceForge
and install FPC is something like $HOME/devel/fpc-2.6.4/

Can you compile a simple console program from the command line?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/