[Lazarus] Where is hwiringPi?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sat Sep 19 18:53:40 CEST 2015

On Fr, 2015-09-18 at 18:50 -0500, Bo Berglund wrote:
> The hiwiringpi.pas file is an interface to something else written in C
> if I understood the text correctly.
> How does that work? It seems like I have to compile something in C on
> the Pi as well and it produces an *.o file. Does that act like a dll
> in Windows or like a lib file that gets linked into the final
> executable?

Yes, it does. A statically linked library (.a in contrast to a
dynamically linked library .so) is nothing more than an archive holding
a bunch of .o files. As long as the compiler creates the same type of
object file (ELF mostly) thosse are the same created when compiling
pascal files. This .o files can be linked into a pascal program.

If using dynamical linking things are different, but in general it works
the same as using dll files on Windows.

I did use object files compiled from C to use some USB functions
withstanding my translation trials vigorously. ;)

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>