[Lazarus] Equivalent of a Windows DLL on RPi?

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sun Sep 20 09:31:59 CEST 2015

> Could someone please outline if there is a concept like a Windows DLL also
in Raspbian for the Pi?

Get yourself a bunch of basic Linux (or *nix in general) concept and
implementation first. Don't jump in to the world you don't know about.

> If so could I port the existing DLL from Windows to freepascal and then to
> Linux on the Pi?

Depends on a lot of factor.
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Multiplatform_Programming_Guide applies.

> I got some advice on the porting process in my other thread but in
this case it involves the creation of a DLL equivalent so that the
main programming could be done in for example Python while using the
functions from the DLL code?

As long as you know how Python convention for dynamic libraries, this can of
course be done.