[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Sep 21 12:37:34 CEST 2015

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, Michael Schnell wrote:

> Bo later said:
>
> "As described my Windows application is a service"
>
> I am rather positive that a Delphi "Service Application" can do TTimer etc.

That is because (at least up till Delphi XE) a Delphi service application runs the
*GUI* processmessages loop (it uses unit forms for this).

Which, incidentally, also calls 'CheckSynchronize'.

A vanilla console application does not run a message loop, hence also in Delphi
does not have TTimer, thread synchroniszation and whatnot.

But now you found out yourself :)

Michael.