[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 05:28:15 CEST 2015

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:42:43 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On 2015-09-23 05:18, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>> 3) Next port to Lazarus on Linux (I have a Linux Mint virtual machine)
>>> 4) Finally port over to Raspberry Pi
>>
>> And you'll most likely find that the last step doesn't require any extra
>> development or "porting" - simply the setup of the FPC compiler. [Going
>> with the assumption that most RPi's run a Linux distro]
>
> From practical experience with Raspbian, it appears that once FPC and
>Lazarus are on an RPi the overall system behaves like any computer.
>Perhaps not quite as fast as a modern x86, but the difference is
>quantitative not qualitative.
>
>That might not be the case with other distreax.

Thanks for the info!
I planned on going with RaspBian for this project. :)

The only caveat here would be if Indy10 will actually build and
function correctly in RaspBian.
I will find that out in due time. I don't have the hardware available
right now since I am travelling, will purchase a dedicated Pi2B as
soon as I return to home base.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden