[Lazarus] FPC on OpenIndiana...

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 10:54:15 CEST 2015

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:11:34 -0400Liyuan GarcĂ­a Caballero <liyuan at cav.desoft.cu> wrote:
>> Hi guys,> > The install.sh script is missing for > http://www.freepascal.org/down/x86_64/solaris-austria.var
> I'm not sure if the Solaris maintainer of FPC is reading this list.Please create a bug report.

Who is it these days? I've installed the SPARC version of the compiler
on OpenSXCE (effectively, Solaris 11) without problems but the script
might need to be tweaked to use gtar (etc.) rather than tar, and you'll
need to check /etc/fpc.cfg afterwards. There was a reported bug for
this, but nobody appeared entirely sure whose responsibility the final
installation script was.

It's unclear whether this question relates only to FPC- in which case
it's in the wrong place- or to FPC+Lazarus. Recent versions of Lazarus
build with FPC 3.0.1 or late FPC 2.7.1, but there might need to be some
trivial tweaks in the database handling code since the conditionals for
Firebird/Interbase were inconsistent. This was bug-reported and fixed,
but you won't see those fixes if you start with 2.6.4.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk