[Lazarus] Suggestion for TRadioGroup documentation

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:28:05 CEST 2016

I don't think the existing documentation stresses the point enough
that if you use individual TRadioButtons you won't be able to use
ItemIndex to find out which one is checked.  Creating a TRadioGroup as
a container then adding TRadioButtons to it does nothing useful,
ItemIndex is always -1.  Change Parent doesn't seem to fix it.  It
seems like that worked in Delphi, I rarely used string lists.

To use ItemIndex you have to populate the TRadioGroup using strings.
I haven't found out yet whether the strings can be changed under
program control, but I was building a context-sensitive menu, planning
on changing the captions on the buttons to suit the context

New to the list, I've got a resume at
http://devio.us/~ab1jx/files/resume.pdf  I used mostly Delphi 3 from
when it first fascinated me about 1998 through the end of my last job
in 2009.  Turbo Pascal before that, VAX and Apple II Pascal before
that.  Used to tinker with Oberon Native.  I spend most of my time in
OpenBSD lately so I've been writing C for the last 6-7 years.  Delphi
was the thing I missed most about Windows.

  Alan
--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX