[Lazarus] TLabel justification not obeyed (Lazarus 1.6 release)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 19:07:54 CEST 2016

I am making a form with a few spinedits and editboxes for the user to
enter config data. After I have dropped these on the form I also add
lables before them to hold the description.

So at the start I have Label1, Label2 and Label3 with the name as the
caption.
Next I set the alignment property of all to taRightJustify in order to
keep the set distance between the label and the control.
So far so good, but when I start adding the correct caption text to
the labels they grow towards the wrong end. Instead of the left end of
the label moving left the right end moves in under the controls it is
a description for.
This was a surprise because it is not working like this in Delphi.
What did I do wrong?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden