[Lazarus] Can some fix this "make" issue? Pi related.

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:25:47 CEST 2016

Calling the compiler directly works on most any project/program. I am not
sure how to build Lazarus (with my preferred packages) using lazbuild or
fpc. The "make useride" command fails exactly like I described in my
original post. As a side note, I am able to have GPU memory set to 128MB or
more and have "make all" succeed if I have no window manage running and
instead ssh into the pi and execute the "make all" command from a remote
tty session. Again this is because running without a window manager frees
up enough memory for "make all" to succeed.

Here is what my Pi looks like with a ssh session and 64MB reserved for the
GPU. Note the free memory is 854MB:

pi at retropie:~ $ free -m
Mem:           925        571        354          6         20        479
-/+ buffers/cache:         70        854
Swap:           99          0         99

Here is what it looks like with and ssh session, 128MB reserved for the
GPU, mate desktop running, and Lazarus opened:

pi at retropie:~ $ free -m
Mem:           862        413        449         16         32        199
-/+ buffers/cache:        181        681
Swap:           99          0         99

Rebuilding the IDE will actually fail at this point. Note the free memory
is actually 681MB.