[Lazarus] Can some fix this "make" issue? Pi related.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 12:03:07 CEST 2016

Henry Vermaak wrote:

>> It's always worked fine for me on things like NSLU-2 provided that the
>> overall memory (i.e. RAM + swap) is at least 512Mb. It will be unfortunate
>> if recent builds of FPC and/or Lazarus have pushed this requirement upwards,
>> but so far I've not seen any problems on a Raspberry Pi (both 1 and 2)
>> running Raspbian or Debian.
>
> Yes, I remember that the slug needed swap.  Swap is painfully slow,
> though, so I'd recommend reducing ld's memory usage instead.  I wonder
> if anyone has tried the gold linker.  It was supposed to be faster, I
> don't know about memory usage.

Lazarus took a week to build, but would do so reliably. That sort of
performance takes me back to my mainframe days :-)

It does occur to me that this could be something to do with the way that
the linker has been built, i.e. not strictly a Lazarus (or makefile
etc.) problem.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk