[Lazarus] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Suggestion for TRadioGroup documentation

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 8 19:10:20 CEST 2016

Am 2016-04-08 um 18:04 schrieb Ondrej Pokorny:
> On 08.04.2016 18:56, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>> When asking for documentation here I am often answered: Check the code.
>
> Yep. Correct. If you think the documentation is bad, check the code and write it. Alan, you are welcome to modify the domunentation in the LCL and send a patch. You can also freely update the wiki docs. There's no problem about it and you don't have to ask for permission.

That's a bad idea.
The person who wrote the code is the only person who knows what he intended.
This person has to write the documentation.

Not only that it would take a lot of (unneccessary) additional time to wade through
foreign code (while the original coder already knew this after writing it).
Also, every bug would become part of the documentation as it is "how it is coded".