[Lazarus] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Suggestion for TRadioGroup documentation

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:18:28 CEST 2016

On 9 April 2016 at 01:10, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de>
wrote:

> That's a bad idea.
> The person who wrote the code is the only person who knows what he
> intended.
> This person has to write the documentation.

That's a bad idea :-)

Sure, *some* programmers make good documenteers, but in my experience
they're the exception, not the rule.  My own documentation skills suck.
Essentially, if you think like me you'll have no problems.  I'm very bad at
seeing the problem from other people's perspective.  And I'm too old to
change now.  I'm at the "shout louder if they didn't understand the first
time" stage of life.

I do agree though, we're open source.  We should all pull our own weight
and not expect others to pick up our own slack.  It's only in a corporate
environment that I'd insist on professionals doing the documentation.

Mike