[Lazarus] PDF generator: please test

Sat Apr 9 11:14:54 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm on my way out, so can't comment on all parts right now.

There is still quite a few improvements that need to be made to fpPDF -
features and  some tweaks to the API.

As for WriteText() versus WriteUTF8Text(). These grew from the fact that
Standard built-in PDF Fonts were implemented first, then TTF. The API
stuck around, but needs improving. There really should be overloaded
WriteText(), then internally the current font should be queried and then
decide which internal text processing methods to call. Standard PDF
Fonts and TTF Fonts have very different text and font info handling.

More accurate API names would have been WriteStdFontText() and
WriteTTFFontText(), but that looks hideous too. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/