[Lazarus] Lazarus Digest, Vol 99, Issue 32

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 13:35:17 CEST 2016

Am 2016-04-09 um 12:20 schrieb Giuliano Colla:
> An answer such as: "Your patch is good, it adds a desirable
functionality,
> but without proper documentation, nobody will be able to take advantage
of it.
> Please add some concise comments on variable and procedure usage, and we
> will be glad to commit it." would do a lot of good, IMHO.
> Should this become a general rule, the situation might strongly improve
with time.

Agreed :-)  In reality though we shouldn't exclude patches just because
they lack the above.  We should only be encouraging decent documentation,
not enforcing it.

"Yay, we've got a patch that finally fixes that annoying TreeView issue,
but rats, we can't commit it because those variables aren't sufficiently
documented"

Mike