[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] PDF generator: please test

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Apr 9 16:31:25 CEST 2016

On Sat, 9 Apr 2016, silvioprog wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
> wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Graeme has fixed a number of errors that should hopefully solve the
>> problems with
>> codepages;  Changes have been tested on windows/linux/bsd but on Windows
>> only
>> with a system that has an english locale.
>

> After this update, it worked fine here on my PC (Windows 7 pt-BR), I just
> changed the demo to using arial.ttf instead of freessans.
>
> The demo should have an IFDEF to using Arial instead of FreeSans on
> Windows, this would avoid problems for beginners. :-)
>
> The generated PDF after the changes:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135304375/test.pdf.

Glad to hear it;
We'll change the demo with the IFDEF, we should be kind to beginners :-)

Other demo apps are of course welcome. Please keep in mind they must compile
without LCL etc. if they are to be included in FPC itself.

Well, at least after an initial false start, we can now actually start improving the API.
Suggestions always welcome.

Thanks to everyone for testing !

Michael.