[Lazarus] PDF generator: please test

Sat Apr 9 19:42:39 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-09 18:27, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> As is the
> text width function (for right/center alignment support).

That is already implemented in fpReport (Standard PDF built-in fonts and
TTF fonts). What I haven't implemented yet is Font Kerning to make the
width calculation even more accurate, but the width difference will be
very minor. I can take a look and see if it makes sense to move that
code to fpPDF. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a problem.

> If there is a possibility to render text with custom TTF font in Lazarus
> (I found easylazfreetype, but I couldn't make it work with my first

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same unit, but the freetype
pascal implementation in Lazarus is based on a very old FreeType v1. It
also misses tons of features found in the commonly used FreeType v2 library.

I once tried to use the Pascal based FreeType code to reduce
dependencies for AggPas text rendering. The Pascal FreeType simply
wasn't up to the task and lacked functionality I needed. The fpTTF (font
cache) and fpParseTTF (actual TTF data extraction) is much more likely
to be successful with my AggPas goal.

> I think I'll develop a TPDFDocument->TCanvas renderer for
> previewing created PDF documents.

Great. I should then be able to plug that into fpReport too. I want to
implement a PDF & fpReport -> AggPas renderer too.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/