[Lazarus] Trying to work around "Illegal character in format string"

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 21:31:25 CEST 2016

On 10 April 2016 at 03:00, Alan Corey <alan01346 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know where this illegal character error is coming from, but I
> didn't get it when I built and installed initially.
>

>From the screen shot.  Lazarus IDE v1.0,14 is very old.  I'm guessing you
installed it directly from your distribution repository?  They're notorious
for not keeping FPC/Laz up to date.

The first thing to do would be try a newer version

Any of these should help.

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/
http://www.getlazarus.org/

Personally, I'd install FPC from a SourceForge, then I'd use SVN to get
latest as per the wiki.

Good luck :-)

Mike