[Lazarus] Bashing the developers

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sat Apr 9 21:40:18 CEST 2016

On Sa, 2016-04-09 at 18:44 +0200, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> Am 2016-04-09 um 15:57 schrieb Juha Manninen:
>  > Regarding posts from Jürgen Hestermann.
>  > Unfortunately this is not the first time he finds excuses to blame
>  > Lazarus developers.
>  > The main theme is that developers have done a poor job and did not
>  > serve him well enough.
>  > Earlier it was about the new Unicode support. All the work I had done
>  > for it was irrelevant, he wanted to emphasize how poorly I had done
>  > the job.

> Oh my god!! What a histerical tirade!
> Why do you answer to all these posts if it brings you near to a heart attack?
> Just ignore them if it you don't want to discuss them.
> If you cannot live with any converse meanings then filter your mails
> from all these evil people like me.

I have no idea, what has been happening. I did not read any flame wars.
But only as a general remark I'd like to make a suggestion:

Anybody beeing unhappy with the lack of $something could start some work
to fill in the known gaps.

If this is about lacking documentation a first start could be to create
a wiki page and list the missing features there. Maybe some developer or
other person having enough knowledge is willing to give a short
description for those topics listed and then a not so informed person
could write a clear and polished documentation text.

Open Source is about helping to make things happen, not demanding others
to do so. For the rest who do not like it there is always Delphi (if it
still is named so ;).

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>