[Lazarus] Lazarus Digest, Vol 99, Issue 32

Mon Apr 11 12:30:30 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-11 11:04, Michael Schnell wrote:
> Unless
> you go a very hard way to be able to compile the complete help system

What's so hard about this:

  fpdoc --project=lcl-docs-project.xml --format=html
or
  fpdoc --project=lcl-docs-project.xml --format=chm
or
  fpdoc --project=lcl-docs-project.xml --format=ipf
or
  fpdoc --project=lcl-docs-project.xml --format=rtf

You don't need all those *.sh or *.bat scripts, makefiles or custom
console tools any more. FPDoc has made it dead simple to generate
documentation with the help of a fpdoc project file. Project file
support has been around since FPC 2.6.2 or 2.6.4 - not sure which.

[...few seconds later...]

To my surprise, it seems Lazarus doesn't include a fpdoc project file
for LCL. I'm happy to contribute mine. I'll submit it to Mantis now. In
fact I see the <lazarus/docs/ directory is full of obsolete scripts
(*.sh, *.bat, *.pl, makefile etc). They really should all be removed and
replaced by a single fpdoc project file.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/