[Lazarus] Lazarus Digest, Vol 99, Issue 32

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Apr 11 13:28:40 CEST 2016

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:56:38 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> > You could say the same for the fpdoc files.
>
> Uh? I don't believe that anybody takes a patch from Mantis and applies
> it blindly without actually looking at the patch. If they do, that is
> very sad news for the Lazarus project.

No one is applying blindly patches and no one adds stuff blindly to the
wiki.
I meant that the developers are humans. They are not experts on all
topics. Buggy patches has been applied.
The more people look over it the better. This is true for both fpdoc
and wiki.

> Patches via Mantis has infinitely more chance of being reviewed (at
> minimum glanced over once by a trusted expert) than the 10's or 100's of
> changes made in the Wiki every day.

I doubt these numbers. Especially since infinitely is not a number. ;)

Mattias