[Lazarus] wiki page "Better_Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Apr 13 12:53:49 CEST 2016

On 04/13/2016 11:08 AM, Sven Barth wrote:

> The code pages that are relevant here are only single byte code pages
> (e.g. CP1252) or UTF-8, *never* UTF-16 as a AnsiString can not store
> UTF-16 data.

StringCodePage(s) with an unqualified String return 0 (which is
"CP_ACP", and seemingly means "Default").

But how to determine what encoding this default is, if (as we found) it
can't be DefaultSystemCodePage and can be UTF16, which is dynamic, while
the default for unqualified strings is static and *never* UTF-16 ?

Michael