[Lazarus] fpPDF: cannot embed DejaVu font

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 13 18:06:13 CEST 2016

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:

> On 13.04.2016 17:52, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> I prefer more options, it gives more fine-grained control.
>>
>> We can make a
>>   CompressAll = [poCompressText, poCompressFonts, poCompressImages];
>> constant if you want, which will be kept up-to-date with all compression
>> options.
>
> No, not needed. As I said, it's not that important.
>
> Still could you please use poUseRawJPEG by default in TPDFDocument.Create?
> IMO poUseRawJPEG is very useful - it reduces both processing time because
> JPEG images don't have to be resampled by fpPDF and also keeps the exported
> PDF small.

I prefer not to, because of several reasons:
- it depends on 3.1 features.
- It forces the examination of all added images.
   Examining is a waste of time for me, since I do not use JPEG, only PNG.
- I want the user to know and understand what he is doing.
   You do, but most will not (or so I think at first sight).
   By forcing them to enable some options, they will at least think about it.
   (or so I hope ;) )

In each case, for an advanced user as you, I would expect that the first
thing you do is create a TOndrejPDFDocument subclass (or whatever the name).
You can set all options there to defaults that you like.
(I subclass all components I use for exactly such reasons)

Michael.