[Lazarus] Lazarus Digest, Vol 99, Issue 32

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Apr 18 12:53:30 CEST 2016

On 04/18/2016 12:40 PM, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:

> No, the equation includes everything along with everybody's interests.
>
> Example:
> You spend X hours to write documentation for A that saves Y hours to Z
> users that otherwise had to study the code.
> Then you can compare X to Y*Z.

That was my initial proposal leading to "extremely hard to define", as
(due to no intended and hence measurable revenue) the developers don't
have any idea about the count of users and the effort they need to get
their work done.

As an extreme you would say: no documentation at all is best, as that
means no hours to create it and there supposedly will be at least a
single user who is able to make some small benefit from the project and
hence the positive ratio is infinite .

-Michael