[Lazarus] How to clear screen in console app

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:46:29 CEST 2016

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 07:32:55 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>I need to make a console app that can run on Linux.
>It would be a simple thing I believed, but no...
>
>I cannot get the ClrScr command working, it just puts strange
>characters on the screen instead of clearing it.
>But the console debug window just shows a bunch of control characters
>(square with 001B inside) plus [6n [H [m [H [2JEnter command:
>And every command I enter results in a new line being displayed rather
>than staying on the same line and erasing the previous output.

UPDATE:
It seems to be caused by the Lazarus debug console window!
If I go to the dir where the program resides in my terminal (both
local and via SSH) and execute ~/tmp/project1 then it looks OK.

So my question now changes to:
Why does the debug window show different output than the actual
terminal console?

I am using Lazarus 1.6 release and fpc 3.0.0 both built from svn
sources on a Raspberry Pi3 with Raspbian Jessie if that matters.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden