[Lazarus] Fatal: Cannot find IdMappedPortTCP used by xxxx

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Apr 23 11:01:38 CEST 2016

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 10:12:33 +0200
Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> I have googled and looked at old list messages but to no avail. The
> closest I got was someone telling me that Lazarus will handle this
> fine if only the lpk file is opened once. So I selected File/Open and
> navigated to the Indy10 installation dir and opened the IndyLaz.lpk
> file and then closed it. No difference at all! The used unit cannot be
> found....

Open it once, so the IDE knows how to resolve a package name (and
version) to the location on your disk.

The IDE does not add every known package to every project. Every
project has its own list of package requirements. Open the package and
click on "Use / Add to project". Or use the Project Inspector to edit
the package list.

> So it seems like if one creates a non-GUI application in Lazarus then
> the packages installed in Lazarus are not available anymore. :(

When you drop a component onto a designer form, the IDE automatically
adds the package to the project's package list. In a non-GUI project
you have to do this step yourself.

> Note:
> the Indy10 components are all non-GUI in the first place and I usually
> always create them in code.
>
> How to solve this?

Mattias